Each year around this time, millions of people make New Year’s resolutions to improve themselves in some way. The office and dentistry team at Santa Rosa Dental agrees with this tradition and thinks the new year is the perfect time to resolve to improve your dental health! Here are some New Year Resolution suggestions from our experienced dental team to help you have the best dental health possible in 2020.
6 New Year’s Resolutions to Improve Dental Health
- Stop Smoking – Smoking is bad for you in so many different ways. This is especially true for your oral health. The tar and nicotine in cigarettes cause yellow teeth, bad breath, and plaque, as well as gum disease and erosion of your gums.
- Do Use Mouthwash – Do not underestimate the value of mouthwash to help you maintain your oral health. Using mouthwash as part of your dental hygiene routine can greatly reduce the bacteria in your mouth, which can lead to gum disease if not controlled early on.
- Watch Your Diet – Eating too many sweet treats with sugar on a regular basis can wreak havoc on your oral health. Choose fruits when you want a sweet snack to avoid your chance of getting cavities, Also, look out for foods that have the tendency to stain the teeth like soda, coffee, and red wine. These items can make your teeth look yellow.
- Good Oral Hygiene – The key to a healthy smile is to be sure to take care of your teeth on a regular basis. The team at Santa Rosa Dental recommends that you brush twice a day and floss your teeth daily as well for optimal oral health.
- Plan Regular Visits to Your Dentist – Often people do not think about a visit to the dentist unless they need treatment for pain relief. It is crucial to visit your dentist’s office every six months for a regular tooth cleaning. During your examination, your dentist will check your teeth, gums, and tongue and discuss any potential issues that may cause pain or need treatment.
- Stop the Habits that Cause Tooth Damage – Without realizing it, you may have some habits that are affecting the health of your teeth. Things like biting your nails, chewing ice, smoking, not using a mouthguard during sports, and opening bottles with your teeth can cause severe tooth damage.
Our Goal in the New Year at Santa Rosa Dental is Your Healthy Smile
Contact us today to schedule your annual cleaning and dental check-up with the experienced dentist and dentistry team at Santa Rosa Dental. Our goal is to help you maintain a healthy smile and good oral health in 2020! Contact us at 707-578-7701 or go online here today to schedule an appointment at our Santa Rosa office.